Julia and Patrick
June 25th, 2016
When an engineer, Julia, and an actor, Patrick, come together come together, you know their wedding will be well planned and full of fun. And that it was.
These Cincinnati natives planned their own wedding around the theme Fun and Modern. They used this theme to make sure their wedding was anything but cookie cutter with choreographed dances and tones of DIY details.
What made your wedding day special?
When planing our wedding I had read many blogs to not to sweat the details, but thought in the end that the details are what made the day special. I did not want her wedding day to feel generic, but also wanted to work within our budget. I used our theme to guide in making every choice for the wedding. Whether it was to have fun glow sticks for guests or cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake. We also added personal touches like Popcorn favors for guest since I LOVE popcorn.
What was your favorite DIY project from your wedding?
I really loved the idea of a using an old window frame to display our seating chart. When I looked online, all the ones I found were very expensive. Luckily, one day on my way to work I saw some one had thrown out some old window frames. So I stopped and grabbed it. I must have looked quite funny on the side of the road trying to put the big frame in my little car, but I didn’t care. It still had the glass in tack to Patrick and I had fun breaking it create the open look we wanted. It turned out really good and we had fun making it.
What was your favorite part of your wedding?
Our first dance.
Patrick and I had choreographed our first dance and had only practiced it a few times. When it came time to do it, I was nervous that I would not be able to move in my dress or would forget all the moves. Patrick told me to not worry and that if we forgot anything we will just make it up as we go along. We had so much fun and our guest loved it.
Do you have any Gush-Worth wedding vendors:
- We loved our Photographers, Creatively Captured. They were will worth the money and captured so many great moments. They had a great personality, making us laugh through out the day and were easy to work with.
- Our reception venue, the Fairfield Banquet & Convention Center was great! It had the modern look we wanted and was reasonably priced. They made the day of stress free by setting up our wedding decorations and providing us with a coordinator. Our package come standard with custom centerpieces that matched our wedding colors and decorated head table with lights and a fabric backdrop.
Planning Tips From One Bride to Another:
- Do not stress, you will look beautiful. I stressed out about having my skin look perfect for the big day and wound up with a blemish on my face. No one noticed, nor will I even remember that when I look back on my wedding years from now.
- If people ask to help you before the wedding have them make you food, like dinners. Patrick and I ate so badly leading up to the wedding because we only had time to grab fast food. It is hard to delegate task to people, but it is easy for them to make you nice home cooked meals.
- Pick a registry from a store that has lots of options. We ended up with a ton of gift cards to Macy’s and was so happy that we could use them to get more than just kitchenware.
All pictures featured in this blog post are sourced from Creatively Captured.